• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Messed Up My Default Settings File - How to recover

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I somehow messed up my "Settings File" in Publish. Is there any way to get back to the "Default Settings" without reinstalling FrameMaker 2019?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Hi Melissa, use the Edit Settings button to the right of where your STS is listed and you can choose the New option. That should get you where you want to be.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MelissaP53  - I moved you into your own thread - your question didn't have anything to do with the one you posted in.
I think there might be a "factory" version of the .sts file hiding in your c:\program files\ installation folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa, use the Edit Settings button to the right of where your STS is listed and you can choose the New option. That should get you where you want to be.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to add that I recommend saving a copy of the Settings file in a separate folder for such cases. Then it is easy to restore if something happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines