• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft HTML Help Search Terms?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a document in FM12. It's TOC translates reasonably well to the Contents tab of the chm file.

How do I specify terms to be searchable in the Help file?

The FM12 file has no Index. (I don't know if that matters!) I tried selecting a word and giving it an Index Marker, but it didn't wind up searchable in the chm file.

Thanks in advance for any help (bad pun - sorry!)

Tom Burton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Search, you don't specify anything when creating the chm file. Just type in the word you want to search for in the chm Search box and hit Enter. If any hits are found, the Topics list will be displayed below and you can select a topic to jump to.

If you want to create an Index, then use Index markers throughout the FM document and the Publish process will build the Index page in the chm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I wasn't clear. When I enter a search term in the chm file, no hits are ever found (even though I know for sure that the term is used in the original FM document). What I'm looking for is how to I flag terms in the FM document so they will be found in chm searches.

Hope that's clearer.

Tom Burton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You got something wrong – any term should get a hit if it’s present on an HTML page. Try creating WebHelp or HTML5 help and test your term again. That might narrow down where the issue lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines