Exit

Mini-TOC question

Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a mini-TOC issue:

1. FrameMaker 2019 v15.0.4.751
  2. Heading2 has auto-number defined as: a:Part < ><n+>. In this file, the part number is 2.
  3. Footer is correctly picking up the part number using <$paranumonly[Heading2] and displays a 2.
  4. X-refs are correctly picking up the part number using <$paranumonly[Heading2] and display a 2.
  5. Mini-TOC is not. Instead <$paranumonly[Heading2] is picking up the Heading3MTOC & Heading4MTOC numbers.

MTOC Reference Page

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.11.14 AM.png

MTOC on Body Page
The numbers in orange on the right should all be a 2, representing the part number for this file. Instead, they are displaying the numbes from the beginning of the MTOC line. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.10.59 AM.png

Thanks in advance,

~Barb

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Hi Barb, It's been awhile since I looked at this, but I don't think you can use these kinds of building blocks in generated files. They only work in cross-reference formats. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, It's been awhile since I looked at this, but I don't think you can use these kinds of building blocks in generated files. They only work in cross-reference formats. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. I updated the book structure and I can now see where I veered off track. So do you agree that the only way to get the part number into the various TOCs is to produce them with x-refs and not with the TOC feature?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to see what you are doing to be sure, but cross-references would likely be the only way to this, unless you want to script it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a different client, but I'll bring it up.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines