Highlighted

Missing Left Master Page

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 12.0.4.445, Windows 7

My book's TOC file "lost" its Left master page. When I tried to apply the Left master page, it was not listed:

FM-MasterPageProb.gif

I was able to fix this by deleting the existing TOC, then re-creating it and applying the formats of another book's TOC file, but I'd like to know what happened and if there is any other solution besides deleting/recreating the file. The page formatting (First, Left, Right) was correct in the previous version of this book, and nothing was done to the TOC file other than to update the book/re-generate the TOC.

One other note - at one point after a book build (I presume), buried under the FM window was an error box stating something to the effect that the UnstructMasterPageMaps table was missing and a new one would be added. That table was recreated (no tags are mapped to master pages in the TOC file). Oh, and I did update all my Adobe products last week, and I think FM was among them.

Can anyone shed any light on this glitch? Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing Left Master Page

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 12.0.4.445, Windows 7

My book's TOC file "lost" its Left master page. When I tried to apply the Left master page, it was not listed:

FM-MasterPageProb.gif

I was able to fix this by deleting the existing TOC, then re-creating it and applying the formats of another book's TOC file, but I'd like to know what happened and if there is any other solution besides deleting/recreating the file. The page formatting (First, Left, Right) was correct in the previous version of this book, and nothing was done to the TOC file other than to update the book/re-generate the TOC.

One other note - at one point after a book build (I presume), buried under the FM window was an error box stating something to the effect that the UnstructMasterPageMaps table was missing and a new one would be added. That table was recreated (no tags are mapped to master pages in the TOC file). Oh, and I did update all my Adobe products last week, and I think FM was among them.

Can anyone shed any light on this glitch? Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your pagination settings. It's most likely set to a single-sided document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, Arnis. The TOC file was set to double-sided, though. I did find that the first file (two pages - cover, notices) had been set to single-sided. Other files seemed to all be double-sided. The thing is, I did not change any of these settings for the book during this latest revision. Guess it will have to remain a mystery (or I will lay it on the fact that I was issued a new computer at work and they did a fresh install of Tech. Comm. Suite, then I had to run the updates).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2015 0