move Framemaker to a new computer

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support says it cannot do anything and that my request must be posted to a forum.  I'm here now, but I doubt Adobe wants a product serial number and an authorization number posted here in order to get an authorization code response from Adobe support.  The online support says adobe also monitors these forums.  So are you here?????

Adobe, give me an answer:  how do I move an older Adobe Framemaker product from one computer I am retiring to a new computer?

By the way, deactivation on the older computer also fails.  The claim is that the reason is that it's not internet connected.  That's false.

The same claim (no network connection) is made when trying to activate the product on a different computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019
Stefan-Gentz Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019
Just as a follow up: We have been able to solve the problem with the help of Adobe TCS support team.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rodg87110066,

I'm not sure about which Adobe support you are talking. I guess it was not the Adobe Technical Communication support team. Could you please send me a private message with the chat protocol? I would like to follow up on this with the support agent.

That said: No, of course, please do NOT post any serial or other similar numbers on a public forum, including this one.

The error message about not being connected to the internet might come because of a firewall blocking the connection to the Adobe server. However, from how you describe it, it sounds like you might be using an extremely old version of FrameMaker, because "deactivating" is no longer there since many, many FrameMaker generations. Instead you just "sign out" on one machine, and "sign in" on the other machine (through the "Help" menu in the main toolbar).

Which FrameMaker version are you talking about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a follow up: We have been able to solve the problem with the help of Adobe TCS support team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines