Highlighted

my copied files still reference the master book as well as the new book

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied a framemaker book and the files. The copied book is stored in a new location on my HD.  I noticed that when I updated the files in the new (copied) book  the same files in the original book were also updated.  So I renamed all the files in the copied book file and added them to the new book, then deleted all the files I copied first.  Now my new book contains files with new names.  Problem occurs  when I update the new book, I get errors as it references both the original book and the copied book location.  How can I delete the reference the system has to the original copied files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

my copied files still reference the master book as well as the new book

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied a framemaker book and the files. The copied book is stored in a new location on my HD.  I noticed that when I updated the files in the new (copied) book  the same files in the original book were also updated.  So I renamed all the files in the copied book file and added them to the new book, then deleted all the files I copied first.  Now my new book contains files with new names.  Problem occurs  when I update the new book, I get errors as it references both the original book and the copied book location.  How can I delete the reference the system has to the original copied files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2017 0

Have something to add?