• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Framemaker 2015/2017 crashed

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Framemaker 2015/2017 crashed again last week, and I cannot open any file with the domain user, but the fm file can be opened by the local admin user account.

The crash occurs frequently when my operation is related to copy and paste graphics into a fm file.

Any solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you explain what you do:

Which FrameMaker versions do you have? FM 2015 and FM 2017? Can you check the version number in Help | About? Are these the latest versions? Can you check here: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows​

Do you have your issues with both versions?

When exactly does your FrameMaker instances crash? When you open a file? Or when you copy something (from FrameMaker (regular text, table, object, etc.) or from another application)? Or when you paste something (again from FrameMaker or another application, text, table, object, etc.)?

Which platform do you have? Do you have admin privileges? What do you mean with domain user?

Does FM not crash, when you run FM with admin privileges? You should run FM as an admin anyway.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried,

I have both versions and regularly use FM 2015.  The version number is 13.0.5.547.  Both versions have problems.  FM 2015 crashes when I open any existing fm file, but I can create fm file with Fm 2015.  The crash problem occurs frequently and I am not sure whether it is relevant with my operation, it seems that the crash problem occurs after I copy graphics from one fm file to another, but does not crash immediately after the copying-and-pasting operation.

My platform is  Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1,  64-bit operating system, with 4GB Ram

FM crashes when I run it in my regular Company Domain user (with administrator privilege). But it can run normally with local computer account.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like something is messed up in your profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Jeff...if renaming your preference folder doesn't solve your random crashes, something in your current Win user is conflicting with Fm.

I suggest you create a new Win 7 user and install Fm in that profile. That should resolve your crashing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines