Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My pdf-editor has stopped working

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Since about a month ago I can't use my pdf-printer/editor anymore. I have been in contact with Adobe's support a few times about it but they can't help me.

I'm not sure which product it is, I've had it for years and never had any problems. I think it might be the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, as part of Adobe Technical Communications Suite 4. I also have the Technical Communications Suite 17 and a few updates of FrameMaker since then.

Is there any way I can get my pdf-editor back working again, or do I have to buy a new application?

Hoping for help!

/Erika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10? There was an update (the 1803 build) that borked PDF creation. Update your copy of Windows & FM to get the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erikalok: I can't use my pdf-printer/editor anymore.

What's the failure mode?
Won't run at all?
Throws dialog?
Can't open any PDF?

Can't alter or save PDF?
Just PDFs from FM####?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't run at all. My pdf:s usually opened in it as default, now they open in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. And I can't choose it as printer from either FrameMaker och Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first off - delete Reader - with the TCS you already have Acrobat Pro included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I reinstall it in "worst case scenario"? I'm afraid to delete it if I wont even be able to read pdf:s afterwards...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best practice says don't have Reader and Acrobat Pro installed on the same machine. Did you check your Windows & FM builds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 and FrameMaker 17. The problem started when I got Photoshop through Creative Cloud, I don't know if they are related or if it's just a coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, that's probably the culprit - have you tried launching Acrobat Pro directly (i.e. not via FM)? What happens when you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines