• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested TOC in Responsive HTML5

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. When publishing to Responsive HTML5 in Framemaker 2015, I am only achieving a flat TOC. The TOC levels work fine in Framemaker and when saving out to pdf, and the reference page appears to be set correctly. Any tips or advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this old post - http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2007/11/how_to_convert_framemaker_toc.html - the key bit to concentrate on is the part that talks about “properly formatting your FM content” and the rules RH uses to figure them out. Even though you’re publishing from within FM, all the guts of that engine are RH (just without all the exposed bells & whistles IMHO)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I'm not actually using Robohelp, just publishing from Framemaker 2015 to Responsive HTML5. It's a bit of a leap for me coming from Framemaker 9 and previously only publishing to pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, you are – as I said, all the publishing guts of FM are really just RH’s Single Source Layouts stuff. You just can’t see much of the exposed controls as you can in the TCS FM to RH workflow. The main point is that the help TOC generation depends on the formatting (headings, indenting, etc.) applied to your FM content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines