• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New FrameMaker 2020 - Publishing menu bug

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 2020 hangs when editing the Publishing menu for HTML5 output. Brand-new software. Brand-new computer. Same problem!

This is the exact same issue that I had with the 2019 version when using the Publishing pod or menu. That error was overshadowed by the problem when trying to output any PDF. The work-around for that was resetting the ini file - suggested by Matt  - a real life-saver. I have done that about 20 times in the last year or so.

Today, on a recently new computer, I have installed the new 2020 version of Tech Comm Suite. (I am familiar with the use of FrameMaker and the computer well and truly meets (and exceeds) all specs and system requirements. The 2019 version was working with no problems - so why did I upgrade?)

The only thing different from all default settings is that I am trying to output to a folder other than C drive. I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

The first hint of trouble - I cannot map to any drive in the file location pod. The window closes as soon as I click in it. The second issue was trying to edit the output settings. The window closes and then FrameMaker freezes. I can only force a crash and restart FrameMaker to get back to the start. I can repeat this over an over again.

Last time that I reported this exact issue on this forum I was told that I 'must be doing something wrong'. Hopefully I will get a real reply this time. I am very annoyed - I was hoping for some great improvements.

As a small business owner I cannot afford this sort of issue with each major upgrade...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I do not know why FrameMaker freezes and why you have all these problems.

What I tested with FrameMaker 2020: When I open a file from my local D: drive (an external SSD) and tried to save as PDF on our network, then I got an error message. PDF generation failed.

I created a report in the Adobe Tracker:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9182

Please vote, so that this issue gets more attention.

For your other issues I would contact the FrameMaker support: tcssup@adobe.com

Admittedly I am not sure what you mean (the first hint of trouble ...).

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

There seem to be two issues here; a problem with 2020 hanging when trying to edit the HTML5 Publishing settings, and a problem with PDF output in 2019, solved by a ini reset. Not sure what you mean by that.

With the HTML5 issue I can publish a simple document to a mapped network drive set in the Output Folder text box of the pod, er sorry panel, without issues. I did not change any actual settings. Maybe a little more detail on what you are changing and a screenshot or two may help?

As for the problem Winfried reported, I can also save as a PDF to a mapped network drive, with or without Distiller.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Dave,

I am from FrameMaker support team and just emailed you. Kindly revert to the email. We can connect and look into the issue at your end.

Regards,

Mayank 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

«The window closes and then FrameMaker freezes. I can only force a crash and restart FrameMaker to get back to the start. I can repeat this over an over again.»

Dave, you may be a victim of https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-6502 Auto-Collapse Iconic Pods ruins Publish Pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have verified that FrameMaker 2020 also freezes as Klaus describes in the bug report. Might be worthwhile voting this one up!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines