• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New path to filter not saved

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am using Framemaker 12 unstructured and I keep getting the message Looking for C;\program Files\Adobe\Framemaker6.0\filters\cmmap000.bin

This is on old path for the prior version I used.

When I browse to the new location and give : Update document to use the new path framemaker continues.

But after saving and re-opening the same message re-appears.

Somehow the new path is not saved.

Greetings Johan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

What do you mean with I browse to the new location and give : Update document to use the new path? Where and when do you do this? It sounds to me a little bit like FrameMaker is asking you for a missing graphic and you are pointing to the filter directory instead of the missing graphic?

Maybe you can post a few screenshots of what exactly happens?

The path in FM12 for this file is C:\Program Files\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker12\filters\cmmap000.bin and C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker12\filters\cmmap000.bin on a 64 Bit Windows.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First

fout fm1.JPGthan find the path for FM12: fout fm2.JPG than selecting cmmapap000.bin fout fm3.JPG

than continue and save the file

Close the file.

Then re-open : same missing file.

It seems the new chosen path is still the old one for FM 6 .

Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, please try the following: Open the document like this and then go to > View > Pods > Insets… This should open the "Insets" pod.

There you should see in the first column a list of all types of graphics. Do they all have two "green" arrows, or is one of them "red"?

The second column lists all insets. Is there one pointing to cmap000.bin? If so, click on it and look at the graphic. It might be that this "graphic" will need to be re-referenced to a "real graphic" instead of the cmap000.bin file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what is shown in the Insets pod:

fout fm4.JPG

It looks like there are no references to the cmap000.bin

I will try to resolve the  unresolved images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was more than in the previous screenshot :

fout fm5.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to confirm my hunch. When you click on the unresolved insets in the Inset pod, FrameMaker will "jump" to the corresponding object. As you can see in the pod, instead of linking to a real graphic, the reference actually links to some FrameMaker internal filter ini files C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker6.0\filters\ebgp42.ini and C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker6.0\filters\ebjpg2.ini.

This might have happened when someone opened the document and the graphic was missing (or FrameMaker could not find it anymore, because the location of the book was moved in the file system outside of FrameMaker). Instead of linking to the correct location of the graphic, "someone" linked to these filter files instead (why ever …).

You will need to go to these graphics (by clicking on the entry in the pod) and look in an older version of the document (maybe an old PDF) which graphic should be actually there.

Then keep the "graphic" selected and go to > File > Import > File, browse to the location where the graphic is located, select it, make sure "Import by Reference" is selected and re-import the correct graphic. This should solve your problem.

Not sure about the "Demontage_NL.fm" file. This might also be a wrong link. Or it might be an unresolved text inset. But it actually looks more like the same problem (someone selected the file "Demontage_NL.fm" when asked for assigning a missing graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stefan,

I relocated the references, but still got the "missing file" .

Now I have rebuild the document starting with an empty FM12 document and copied the contents from the old file in it.

Imported all formats from the old file, saved it, closed it , reopened and the "missing file" dialogbox did not appear.

The old file was a FM6 document wih content, saved as FM12 and than edited further.

Migrating this document was not a good idea it seems.

Before all these troubles started we had a Windows update for our Windows professional 64 bits version, could this have a influence?

Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines