• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New PC, should I deactivate license on old PC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of a corrupted and unfixable McAfee installation, I'm having to get a new PC. Our IT folks have installed most of what I need and are letting me install and configure the rest of my software before I switch over to the new PC.

I'm running FrameMaker 10 under Windows 7. FrameMaker on the new PC seems to be running OK and isn't complaining about the license. Should I deactivate the license on the old PC when I am finished, or just leave it to be formatted? I'm worried that if I deactivate the license on the old PC, it will kill off the one on the new PC as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are allowed two installations per license. I would go ahead and deactivate the old one, so that if you need to activate on a future computer, you can do so without having to call Adobe for help.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will do that before I hand over the old PC.

Regards

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that's a good choice, Keith. Adobe can reset your activations for you, but it takes a while to get through to them—or it has for me when I've called after a hard drive crash.

The idea behind two installations per license is that a single user can install the application on two of their computers—typically a desktop and a laptop. It's a nice option to have when you want to work from home (or the road).

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines