No hyperlink for figures in epub or mobi (PDF is ok)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have quite a large document in FM2019 (> 500 pages, unstructured format), and when I generate the epub or mobi outputs, there are no hyperlinks between any figures and associated references in the text. The screen grab below should show what I mean. I'm guessing the reason is because I use a frame (within the figure frame) for the figure title, but I'm not sure. Note that the generated PDF is fine (links are generated as expected).

Can anyone say for sure what I'm doing wrong here, and possibly suggest a better approach?

Thanks.

issue_with_figures.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just the caption hypertext at issue, or are there also issues with HT from elements in the actual art?

If the latter, how are the HTs being implemented in FM?
• FM Cross-Reference
• Hotspots in art (and to what)
• FM Hypertext Markers (and to what, e.g. Named Destinations)
• … now for something, completely different …

I don't have any epub or mobi experience, but anyone who does might need to know the above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I use cross-references for all my links, as shown in screen-grab below. Because the PDF copy is fine, I assumed that I was doing things correctly, but there is obviously something else missing in my understanding.

Any other information I need to give, please let me know.

cross_ref_figure.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just one more thing I failed to mention: I'm not using hot-spots or anything like that anywhere in my figures (or the document in gerneral), just cross-references everywhere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
derekm56369510 AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[No post edit functionality; really!!!]

... So the problem is just related to the caption hyper-text, which is generated by cross-reference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines