No master pages applied because MasterPageMaps table contains no mapping information

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use FM8 and DITA files to create my books. I have tired in the past to apply masters automatically but have not been able to. Now that I create books from xml, it is even more important to automate this process. I use structured FM and have deleted and re-created the StructMasterPageMaps in my file. I created a book that has my one test file so I can experiment quickly. In that file I have a Master page defined as Chapter_cover which I can apply manually no problem. In the StructMasterPageMap, I refer to the paragraph tag title.0 and the right-hand MasterPage Chapter_cover and set the range to Single.

When I then select the book and try to update the master pages (Update book->Master Pages->update), I get the error "No master pages applied because the MasterPageMaps table contains no mapping information.

I have searched the forum and the archive and found an instance similar to mine (Jun19/07), but no clear resolution was found. I have tried the suggestions made therein such as re-creating the MasterPages reference page, which I have done. And I am sure that I have typed them correctly (case sensitive etc).

What could be my problem? I could send the book since it consists of only one 2-page fm file.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Kevin
TOPICS
Structured

Views

1.8K

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to this problem, I found that if I create a brand new file, import the structure definitions and then refer to E:title in the StructMasterPage table, it will apply the Master page, but not when I refer to the paragraph tag title.0

So I see that I am close, but I cannot use the Title element since it is used by all the tasks in the real files. Only the title.o paragraph tag will flag the first page.

Does anyone have any suggestions why the p tag does not work while the element does?

I have tried defining E:title or title and p:title.0 or title.0 to see if that made a difference, but it did not.

Thanks again

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED:
I looked at the help, but I did not notice the link to "...pages containing elements". It turns out, I should have used P:title.0 and not a small p:title.0

Once I did that it worked fine.

Sorry for posting before trying to RTFM :-)

Thanks again

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines