• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not all items hyperlinked in list of figures and tables

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker 2019. In the PDF output of my table of contents, the heading text, dots, and page number area all clickable and take you to that heading in the PDF. In my list of figures and tables, only the figure number and table number is clickable. The dots and page number are not. The reference pages appear to be set up the same way, and I have enabled the option to create hyperlinks in the setup for each list file. Suggestions?

Thanks!

missing links.png

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

This usually happens if you have a character tag applied to part of the LOT/LOF definition on the reference page. Frame will make the first part of the generated line a hyperlink, but as soon as it hits a segment with different formatting, the hypertext stops.

For example, if the name of the table or the figure is normal but the dot leaders and page numbers have a character tag applied to make them italic, then the normal, non-italic text at the beginning is turned into a hyperlink but the page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually happens if you have a character tag applied to part of the LOT/LOF definition on the reference page. Frame will make the first part of the generated line a hyperlink, but as soon as it hits a segment with different formatting, the hypertext stops.

For example, if the name of the table or the figure is normal but the dot leaders and page numbers have a character tag applied to make them italic, then the normal, non-italic text at the beginning is turned into a hyperlink but the page numbers aren't.

As far as I know, there's no workaround for this. You can edit the links in the PDF once the document is created to extend the links, but there's no way in FrameMaker to make the whole entry a hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. That would explain what is going on because the table/figure number has a character format applied to make it bold and blue and the rest of the item has no special character format applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am deperately looking for how you got the GAP between the Figure Name and the Figure text. in your picture above. Can you send to me the building blocks for that? I think I know to put it in the reference page, but I do not have a clear idea what function/command to use.

Any help is appreciated!!

Phyllis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Phyllis:

I am deperately looking for how you got the GAP between the Figure Name and the Figure text. in your picture above.

The building blocks would look like this, where the red >'s are tab characters.

<$paranum>><$paratext>><$pagenum>¶

You will need to set two tab stops: one left-aligned without a leader and one right-aligned with leader.

<$paranum>>        <$paratext>> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <$pagenum>¶

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have written a couple of scripts in the past that will repeat the Hypertext marker wherever the character property changes in each TOC line. A script like this could be kicked off automatically whenever you update the TOC. Please contact me off list if you are interested in this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines