Last version of FrameMaker: 2015 (build 18.104.22.1685)
OS: Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7)
Our company uses a specific TrueType font. I never had problem to use it with all FrameMaker versions. Recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded the Adobe Communication Suite to 2015 version with FrameMaker.
Explanation of the problem:
1. If I open a document with this font, everything is fine,
2. In this document, if I try to apply this font, the result is ? for each character,
3. If I create a new document, the result is the same: only ?,
4. On the old open document, if I copy a word with this font, everything is fine,
5. If I go to the Windows\Fonts folder, and open this font, the displayed map is perfect,
6. If I open Microsoft Word 2003, the font is perfectly applied.
Who has an idea about this problem ?
Is this a Unicode font or an older codepage/overlay font?
The usual suspect here is that the FM document contains the Unicode code points (above U+00FF) for what I'm guessing are non-Roman characters. The legacy font does not populate those codepoints, so you get "?". Ensuring that a Character Format is applied that invokes the legacy font should fix it if this is the problem.
I use the Unicode fonts and it concerns Roman characters.
I have made screen captures of 2 charmaps: the charmap1 file shows that for example Garamont font is a Unicode font. The charmap2 shows the font which "refuses" to be apllied in a FrameMaker text (after upgarding of both TCS2015 and Windows10)
I checked the PopStar font (a freebie non-commercial usage) and found that it fails numerous validity tests using Microsoft's Font Validator tool (Microsoft Typography - Microsoft Font Validator ).
I think you get what you you pay for...
Thank you Arnis, you are right ...
But, this morning, it works fine .. strange but of course I get what I pay for ..