Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered order wrong after numbered Notes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone explain why this is happening - after I create a Note with numbers under a numbered step (see image below), the next numbered step follows the last number in the Note section. Instead of being Step number 2, its going to Step number 4, following the numbers in the Notes and not the Numbered1+.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

All the ones that should be following the same numbering pattern, yes.

I'm guessing that Numbered2 is an indent from Numbered 1 (e.g. Numbered1 would be 1, 2, etc, and Numbered 2 would be a, b etc.)

Not sure how the other Numbered formats are used, so they might be the same series, or different (as is the case for the 'Note' formats).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the Autonumber Format you're using for both paragraph styles? (4th tab of the Paragraph Designer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and

Oh crap, this doesn't look good...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your numbered lists, you should put 'series labels' in the autonumber format.

Since you're managing two discrete types of numbered lists, I believe you would need different series labels.

No idea which Frame version you're using, but the details haven't changed (afaik) from: Adobe FrameMaker 9 * Lists and autonumbering

In your case, you could make the formats (for example):

R:<n+>.\t

and

S:<n+>.\t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a shot.

BTW I'm using FrameMaker 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would I have to change all the Numbered items to  R:xxx 

Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the ones that should be following the same numbering pattern, yes.

I'm guessing that Numbered2 is an indent from Numbered 1 (e.g. Numbered1 would be 1, 2, etc, and Numbered 2 would be a, b etc.)

Not sure how the other Numbered formats are used, so they might be the same series, or different (as is the case for the 'Note' formats).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bretta,

You asked, "So would I have to change all the Numbered items to  R:xxx".

Yes, but not one at a time! Set an insertion point in one Numbered item. Enter the corrected Autonumber format in the Paragraph Designer and then click Update All to change them all at once.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines