• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Alignment Tools

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My small workgroup recently upgraded from FM10 to FM2019, and while I'm mostly loving it, the new (to us, anyway) Align pod doesn't quite match our working style: It sometimes happen that we need to align tens or hundreds of pages of imported images (PDF outputs from another group that get imported into frames in our documents) to the top center of the frame. With the old Align dialog, the vertical and horizontal alignment choices were radio buttons that held their settings, and all we had to do for each page was to select the imported image and click Apply. With the new scheme, we have to click two buttons for each page before clicking Apply. In the grand scheme of things, of course, two extra mouse clicks doesn't seem like much... but the way we use this, it tends to add up.

So... is it possible that the old dialog-format tool is still there, hidden in the bowels of the latest version? Or is there perhaps some other workaround that we haven't thought of? Thanks in advance for any help....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use images very much, but I thought this was what the Object Style feature (brought in at like, FM12?) was for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe so; I'll have to play around with it to see if it does what we need. This is one of the downsides of being a (decades) early adopter: I keep looking for how to do what I already do, instead of being able to clearly see new tools to accomplish my ends!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Object Styles to wrangle both anchored frame placement and placement of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines