• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Properties dialog box will not open--How do I open it?

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to FrameMaker and going through the 3-hour course that Adobe offers. I have been unable to open the Object  Properties dialog window however. I click on View, Toolbars, and then Object Properties, but it only gives me a tool bar, not the Object Properties box.

Can anyone help? 

Thanks!

Dave

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Hi Dave, 

Can you post the link to the exact lesson and the time in the video where you are stuck) for example, at 1 minute 30 seconds in), so that I can take a look? I’m a FrameMaker trainer, but I teach with my own materials so I’m not familiar with Adobe’s online courses.

EDIT: I found it online but the content is not available to me for three days. I don't know why. 🤷🏼‍

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.51 AM.png

So, all I can say is that you must select the object you want to work on before chosing Graphics > Object Properties

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave:

Object Properties is context-sensitive, which means it displays entirely different information depending on what you have selected. What are you trying to modify? Be sure to select it first.

~Barb

EDIT: I just re-read your post. Graphics > Object Properties is what I was referring to. View > Toolbars > Object Properties will just open a toolbar. What is the lesson that you are working on, and what are you trying to do? I'm guessing you want Graphics > Object Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on the "Inserting tables and managing content" lesson. The instructor has the window open before he even gets going on the lesson. But I sure can't find a way to open it.

Thanks so much!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, 

Can you post the link to the exact lesson and the time in the video where you are stuck) for example, at 1 minute 30 seconds in), so that I can take a look? I’m a FrameMaker trainer, but I teach with my own materials so I’m not familiar with Adobe’s online courses.

EDIT: I found it online but the content is not available to me for three days. I don't know why. 🤷🏼‍

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.23.51 AM.png

So, all I can say is that you must select the object you want to work on before chosing Graphics > Object Properties. If the instructor wants you to open the dialog box from the Object Properties toolbar, it would look something like this—select the specified object, then click the button.

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 8.29.26 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I had to go out of town. The lesson "Beyond Formatting Basics", 33 seconds in, the Object Properties window is show, but the lesson never shows how it is opened up. I'll try to paste a copy of it into this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I paste a copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, never mind. I got it. Adobe has such odd was to open similar items. But, I am curious how you pasted a graphic into one of these forum fields. You've been very helpful. It was the two blue orbs with lines in them that opened the Object Properties box up. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave:

Yes, that was the button I outlined in the orange box in my second response. The button is just a shortcut for choosing the Graphics menu > Object Properties

As for adding an inline image, but sure to reply with the blue post button at the top of a post and not the gray one so that you get the forum's formatting toolbar. Then you can drag and drop an image into the post, or just paste it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines