Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open and resave documents

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

We have a book which has 530 files. This book is in FrameMaker10 format.

Now we want to resave all files to FM12 format.

We used FrameMaker Scripting to open all book components, open the document and save document and then close.

The problem is that it only processes 176 files and then it crashes with message in console:

Script Error :

Error Message      : Uncaught exception Open

Script, Line#   : D:\Temp\FM_HierarchicalBooks.jsx,  73

so it fail by calling Open function.

Then we have tried to create simple FDK plugin to do the same work and it fails with same error.

What can be a problem?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the script and plugin fail at the same file, I would try opening the file by hand and see if you get any errors. Otherwise, it could be a memory issue.

Another thing you can: make a copy of the book and delete all of the components that have already been converted and start the script again. See if it fails on the same component or if it gets farther before failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Yes, when we delete some components and start it again, this works.

I have splitted book to 5 parts with 150 documents and then resave works.

Then I combined all documents to book and tried to import EDD to then and it works.

Then only problem what remains is that when book has 500 files, it cannot be resaved as whole.

The problem is we need to have all files in a book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello.

We have achieved resave of whole book with opening the FramaMaker documents invisible.

Then whole resave was successful.

Then I tried the files in Fm12 format to resave again with opening document visible and it fails with same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines