Highlighted

open/convert old frame maker files

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I open or convert old v5.5 frame maker files on my Mac? I have heard this is possible but seem to be running into dead ends?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

open/convert old frame maker files

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I open or convert old v5.5 frame maker files on my Mac? I have heard this is possible but seem to be running into dead ends?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you open the 5.5 file with File > Open?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to open in something other than FrameMaker - no access to that any longer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2016 0
Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share them? If so, I could open them up for you and turn them into PDFs or HTML pages if you’d like. Shoot me a PM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2016 0
Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: How can I open or convert old v5.5 frame maker files on my Mac?

Open with what? Framemaker or something else?

If FM, what version, and running native on MacOS or a Windows version running in a VM like Parallels?

Any later version of FM is supposed to be able to open any earlier version's binary (.fm, .book) files. There are apt to be dialogs, but no fatal errors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - Anything but FrameMaker - I don't have that license any longer; and need to reopen some legacy docs - into Word, PDF, or something that would allow me to retrieve text and images. I realize some format/styles will be lost, but that is OK>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2016 0
Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely you know someone with a PC who could install Trial FM, save as MIF, then use MIF2Go (free) to convert.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2016 0
Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I missed the "On my Mac" part. I run Fm 2015 on my Mac: Windows 10 as a virtual machine using vmWare Fusion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2016 0