Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open FrameMaker Application and Open a .fm Doc

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,

I want to implement following feature and wanted to ask, if you could help me accomplish this.

I want ExtendScript to open FrameMaker, every time the script is started.
After this, i want FrameMaker to open a specific .fm document - I have little experience in opening .mif files, so I think that opening files should not be a great problem.

But I have no idea, how to tell the script to start FM.

Thanks a lot!

Selim

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Selim,

I do not think that a script can open FrameMaker. The whole architecture seems to be based on binding a script to an application before it can even run. Your best approach may be to create a script that does the work you need, then configure it to run when FrameMaker starts up. Then, use some other mechanism to start FrameMaker. In other words, rather than focus on an automatic FrameMaker startup, focus on automatic script functionality after it starts. Just some ideas, I hope this helps.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines