Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening frame 9 documents in 11

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone:

I have some documents authored using FrameMaker 9. Is there any way i could open these using Frame 11 (or 2015) pls?

At the moment, I dont have either versions available and hence tried to download a free eval version from the Adobe site.

That attempt didnt go well.

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Padma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

From all I've heard and seen, you should have no problems opening FM files created by an earlier version of the product. I'm still coming across documents that haven't been updated since I was using FM10, and all that happens when I open them with FM12 is that I get a polite warning and the chance to update the format.

Going backwards can be a bit trickier, but you can post about that as a separate question if you ever need to ;-}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From all I've heard and seen, you should have no problems opening FM files created by an earlier version of the product. I'm still coming across documents that haven't been updated since I was using FM10, and all that happens when I open them with FM12 is that I get a polite warning and the chance to update the format.

Going backwards can be a bit trickier, but you can post about that as a separate question if you ever need to ;-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines