• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Package feature?

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just downloaded the Framemaker trial 2015 release, I need to package a document for my translators. 2015 will not include files i.e. my images if they are not in the root folder. Is this right?

Indesign will collect all objects and place them in one folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an archiving script available that helps package up files in FM - check out the Adobe Tech Comm blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

I will have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script has the same problems as the Package command in FM2015. I wish it would work exactly like InDesign. There is a "Book Transfer" command in the Squidds Finalyser package. It's expensive, but there are some other really time saving utilities.

Finalyser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that was what I was thinking about - I guess there's no way to get the old Archive plug-in (from the late Bruce Foster) working in newer versions of FM...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct,

Bruce Fosters Archive plug-in is exactly what we all need now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it would work exactly like InDesign.

Me too!!!

e There is a "Book Transfer" command in the Squidds Finalyser package. It's expensive...

So expensive for features I wish were part of the Fm application. But it has saved me days of manual labor.

Maybe we need to send a friendly reminder. To make a wishlist entry, use this link: Home 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have added it on the feature wish list, lets hope they are listening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yoiu might want to contact Rick Quatro of Carmen Publishing (and FM's scripting guru): Carmen Publishing Inc.

He's written a better archiving script (in both FrameScript and Extendscript) that he's given away in the past with a charitable donation for his bike-rides (Ride for Roswell). He just may have version available that isn't listed in his commercial scripts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines