Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

package "feature" will not package linked graphics. HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after you are all patched up, the Package command is not going to completely package your book. It is only going to package what is in the current folder and any sub folders. If you have FrameMaker and graphic files in other folders on your drive, they show in the log as missing and do not "pack" into the zip file.

In my multiple drive/folder structure, this command is useless. I use another packaging utility for a FrameMaker plug-in developer.

Yes this should work exactly like the package command in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming extremely late to this conversation! FM is missing files that are in the same directory containing dozens of files that it does find correctly! Maddening.

May I ask what plug-in you use? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Finalyzer by Squibbs. Here is the website:

Finalyser

The Basic Package is a package of utilities for FrameMaker. One of them is a Transfer utility, you can transfer a single file of a complete book into a single folder. It grabs everything no matter where it is on your computer/network. I have been using this for years, mostly to package everything for translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if my response will reactivate this thread. I am having the identical problem: the Package function tells me it can't find copied-by-reference graphics that are side-by-side with other graphics it CAN find in one and the same directory. This is really irritating. It would be a useful feature ... if it worked.

Are there any new suggestions to be had?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further investigation reveals that the packager thinks graphics are imported from a different location on my hard drive than the actual location of the copied-by-reference files.

HOWEVER, when I generate the LOR for the document, all referenced graphic files are located within the folder containing the book and .fm files.

I deleted the folder that the Packager thinks the graphics live in and ran it again. Same result.

Why does the Package function look outside the immediate directory for linked graphics files that are exactly where they should be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Did you ever get an answer? I've just tried to use the Package feature and it's missing dozens of llinked graphics that are sitting right in the directory specified in the log file! The Package feature is worthless, it seems to me.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Lord, I never noticed that I was replying to my own thread. Well .... I am a bit perturbed ...

It turns out my graphics WERE being imported from a distant directory. The thread as spelled out in the LOR was misleading and I thought it was correctly located. Maybe all is not lost with the Packager function ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not able to make the Packager in Frame 2017 work.  The Adobe user reference is not helpful.

Every time I run it, Frame crashes. Chapter files are all linked to graphics in a subdirectory. No log files are generated even in the hidden AppData\Roaming tree. I did find a number of "ulog_TCS_FrameMaker_....tmp" files with the date/time stamps that are right around the time I tried to use the feature.

Any ideas about what to check to get this to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines