Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page autonumbering messed up

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently working on a template, with 10 FM files - working with FM 11 on Windows 7. From file 8 to 10 there is a bug where the autonumbering does not work and resets to 1. When I remove files 6 and 7, the autonumbering works again for files 8 to 10. Of course I have been through the right-click document > numbering routine, and set my page numbering preferences to "Continue numbering from previous page in book". I have even checked the volume/chapter numbering properties.

I also re-created a new book, but the same thing happens.

Could anyone advise me please ?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, page numbering at the book level overrides that of the document level - check it at the book level first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I did that, it is set properly.

What I did also is:

- I removed file 6 and 7 from the book, copied/pasted file 5 (Introduction) to change it into a file 6 (main chapter), and the bug returns even though the page numbering for file 5 works fine in the book.

- I deleted the numbering variable <$curpagenum> from the files where it doesn't work, re-inserted it, copied-pasted it from a file where it works. The result is the same: files up to file 7 have a working page numbering, whereas the numbering resets to 1 in files 8 to 10.

- I created a new book and reinserted my files, but I get the same result.

I cannot think what is wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you like me to take a look at it? Send me a PM for my e-mail address if you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your offer, but I managed to troubleshoot the problem. What I did is re-import the master pages of the former template (where the numbering was fine) and re-changed the format as necessary, but clearly not touching anything related to the page auto-numbering, whether in the files themselves or in the right-click Numbering window. So it works fine now. But really I can't think what happened.

By the way, something also happened while I imported the formats in the Index (and only in the index😞 the Unstructured Mapping Table got lost in all the chapters of my book. Somehow, I don't know how. Again I re-imported the reference pages of my former template, and it now works fine.

Thanks anyway and have a great day.

Carine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines