• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Size & Handling default settings differ radically to achieve similar print results between legacy .pdf files A & B, which creates confusion for customers. How can I update them for uniformity?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with several older legacy FrameMaker 11 (or earlier)-generated booklet-type .PDF files created by a former employee. Curiously, the Page Sizing & Handling default settings differ radically from .PDF file to .PDF file to achieve similar print results (2 document pages per 8.5 x 11.0 inch auto-Landscaped page), which creates confusion for customers. For example, .PDF file A is set up as Size/Auto-portrait/landscape, while .PDF file B is set up as Multiple (Document Size = 5.5 x 8.5 in) on an 8.5 x 11.0 inch page. Changing the settings on the Print page skews the output in the Preview window, so that page layouts appear out of order. How can these default values be updated to achieve uniformity in Page Size & Handling settings? From my review of the FM source files, Distiller Job Options and the legacy .PDF files, the answer isn't clear. Thank You in advance for any suggestions! (This question is also posted in the Printing & Prepress Forum.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Recap of my answer in the Printing/Prepress forum:

Since your doc is set up as a "booklet" (page numbers on each spread add to the same # so they can be printed, folded, and stitched/stapled) you either have to reconstruct (recommended) or create a PDF and run it through an imposition program to correct the issue. Search Impose PDF pages for more info.

FWIW, if you ever need to create a booklet, produce a "normal" PDF and download an imposition program. You'll thank me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recap of my answer in the Printing/Prepress forum:

Since your doc is set up as a "booklet" (page numbers on each spread add to the same # so they can be printed, folded, and stitched/stapled) you either have to reconstruct (recommended) or create a PDF and run it through an imposition program to correct the issue. Search Impose PDF pages for more info.

FWIW, if you ever need to create a booklet, produce a "normal" PDF and download an imposition program. You'll thank me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Matt! We'll try it per your recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines