• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Background Color Problems

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several problems using the background color of a paragraph box in FrameMaker 12.

1. Sometimes, but not always, when a paragraph continues from the bottom of the first column to the top of the second, the color stops about 3/4", more or less, from the bottom margin. The last three or four lines are on a white background.

2. If I color the background of two or more sequential paragraph boxes a thin uncolored line separates them. This is most obvious when I feather the columns, since the spaces between paragraphs may increase.

3. If I set a line above or below a paragraph, marking it off, the color does not reach all the way to the line.

4.When I place a figure in an anchored frame, and the frame is set to be placed at the top of the column, it is likely to appear in the middle of a paragraph that continues from one column to the next. If that paragraph box is assigned a background color, the color also appears as a sort of frame around the figure and as a background to the caption.

I will appreciate any suggestions as to how I can correct these issues. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Haven't seen this before and cannot duplicate. Does it go away with a page refresh (ctrl + L)? Are you all patched up with FM12 [there have been four patches released]?

2. The paragraph box is tied into the line spacing parameter, so any additional space requested by the above/below attributes leave the un-coloured spaces between paraboxes. BAD (broken as designed)

To make the spaces go away, you could try this clumsy workaround:

a) Create a new paratag with the same properties as the surrounding ones.

b) Then set it to have the negative amount of the Line Spacing in the Space Above and Space Below, e.g. if line spacing is 14pt, the set both the above and below to -14pt.

c) Insert an empty paragraph with this tag between two that have a white gap.

d) Then create an override [or new paratag] in the one above to use the negative line spacing for the Space Below.

e) In the paragraph below, set the Space Above to use the negative line spacing.

The two original paragraphs will then "appear" to come together properly. [Warning: maintenance nightmares possible...]

3. I'm assuming that you're referring to using a line in a Reference frame. The Reference frame sits on top of the parabox, so you need to apply an appropriate colour fill to the Reference frame to create the desired effect.

4. Check the fill settings of the AFrame and the text frame used for the captions. The AFrame can be set to multiple horizontal positions, but you probably need to have it wide enough to cover the column (i.e. paragraph) width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines