• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Catalog resets to top after each selection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Framemaker 2019, I notice that each time I tag a piece of text, the Paragraph Catalog scrolls back to the top of the list of available styles. 

Is there a way to get the catalog to stay at a chosen position, or to at least snap to the tag in use? 

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not that I know of.

Some ideas to play with (use the gear icon on the top row of the catalog for the first three):

• Remove the styles you don't need and then lengthen the Para Catalog so that it uses the full height of your document window.
  • Hide styles if you aren't sure if you can delete them
  • Customize the list order so that the ones you need all the time are at the top.
  • Use F9 or Ctrl+9 to assign styles with the keyboard

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions!   I was concerned that there might be a setting that I overlooked. 

Our list of styles is slightly too long to display all at once, but I think the F9/Ctrl+9 suggestion is going to come in handy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dianefll,

When I assign a paragraph format from the Paragraph Catalog pod, it does scroll back to the top of the list.

This is the default when you do not scroll in this pod.

When you want that FrameMaker should always scroll to the paragraph format of the selected text, then make a request in the Adobe bug tracker:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home 

Publish the bug number here, so that others can vote for your request.

Otherwise Barb is correct. FrameMaker 2019 gives you some options to adapt the list of paragraphs.

You can also enter some characters from your paragraph format name in the text field above the list of paragaph formats, and then FrameMaker filters automatically. Very handy.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion!   Our styles are broken into categories with a prefix (H: Head, L: List). 

I think it will work out quite well to enter L: when cleaning up an imported section. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines