In my script I have defined

Notification (Constants.FA_Note_PostOpenDoc, true); 

And in the Notify function I normally get these parameters (logged):

Notify: iNote= 2
    sParam= D:\_INFOBASE\general.fm
    iParam= 0
    object.Name=  D:\_INFOBASE\general.fm
    object.ID=  67108877

(I use the object ID to check whether the document has really changed - which is not true in all cases).

But in rare cases I get iParam = 3, in which case the script runs havoc later on:

• The document gets white and I can not see where I am (actions in the document are not possible, hence CTRL+L to make it visible is impossible).
  • The open palette still behaves in this current document (e.g. I can walk through the existing variables in the document)
  • I do not get any error messages in the log, ESTK is not opened to show me an error.
  • Closing the document via the X button is possible, but requires a second click after some time. Then the document is closed (after some time) and (if one exists) the next document (which is also white) can be closed. Finally I will close FM with the X, this creates an error and I need to kill FM. At the next open of FM the script is still registered and I need to unregister it, close FM and restart again for the next text.

Where can I get a meaning from the the iParam = 3?

I thought this parameter is meaningful (!= 0) only for the FA_NotePreXxx / FA_NotePostXxx events as listed in the FDK Function Reference for F_ApiNotify().

Klaus

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?