Highlighted

Paste Special No Longer Works

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Framemaker 2015 (Verision 13) and paste special no longer works. Nothing happens at all, it does not even paste the text. This feature is especially helpful when pasting text from other sources. Has anyone else encountered this and do you have a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Paste Special No Longer Works

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Framemaker 2015 (Verision 13) and paste special no longer works. Nothing happens at all, it does not even paste the text. This feature is especially helpful when pasting text from other sources. Has anyone else encountered this and do you have a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it worked before, what changed? Is it happening if you start up a plain vanilla doc & try pasting or only with particular docs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed that I am aware of. I have done everything short of reloading the software. I've also tried it with a "vanilla" document with no templates applied, etc. and I get the same results. The paste special option is not greyed out in the pull-down menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2019 0
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janice:

I haven't encountered this.

1. What exactly do you have on the Clipboard?
  2. What happens if you use do a regular Edit > Paste?
  3. Does the Paste Special dialog box come up?
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.03.15 AM.png

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, I have content from MS Word. If I do an Edit > Paste, it will paste the content on the clipboard. For Edit > Paste Special the dialog box does not even appear. Strange, it used to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 1
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to get Word text pasted just as regular, plain text (no unicode, no formatting cruft) you can adjust your maker.ini to stick TEXT as the first choice in the Paste list. That's what I've done - works like a charm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I’ll try that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 0
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janice, do you have the latest updater (13.0.5) for Fm 2015?

If not, see Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

Paste Special should be there, so if that isn't the issue, try resetting your preferences.

https://techcommtools.com/find-framemaker-preference-folder/

-Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 0