Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Bookmarks from multiple paragraph?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Framemaker 2017, how do I convert a document where two Paragraphs appear as one PDF Bookmark? In a document created with a table structure, we require the Paragraphs in column 1 and 2 to appear as one bookmark in PDF (i.e. Item # and Item Name).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander:

FrameMaker will happily create PDF bookmarks from paragraph tags, but it creates one bookmark from one paragraph tag. The only way I know how to accomplish one bookmark from two paragraph tags is to edit the bookmark in Acrobat, but don't do this until you have finalized the PDF. If you have to edit the FrameMaker document/book and then regenerate the PDF, you will override your manual edits.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Shlomo's TimeSavers PDF plug-in would handle something like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jeff:

Good idea. I just skimmed the PDF and don't see it, but here's the link in case someone else wants to look it over: http://www.microtype.com/timesavers/TimeSavers5Shortcuts.pdf

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines