PDF Generation error

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using FM12. Windows 10.

Book updates ok, but when I save as PDF, I get the following error:

%%[ Error: limitcheck; OffendingCommand: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ]%%

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I would be very grateful for any assistance with this, please.

Best regards, Denis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Ok, I get two warnings when trying to open the files - they both use unavailable fonts, so I let FM do a substitution; the other is the missing images it's trying to find in a c:\graphics\ folder. When I tell FM to skip them all, the doc will open and I can print to the Adobe PDF printer instance with only one more warning about not being able to print some imported images. So I would have a look at the images and how they are being referenced.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably looks like there's something bunged up in the FM source, but check your Win10 version to ensure you haven't fallen victim to the Win10 1803 version PDF bug. Was this working before & now no longer does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff.

It is an older book I am editing. It did once work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you narrow it down by trying to PDF each individual doc in the book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A limitcheck error sounds different than the Win version related errors.

Check your settings against the list I have at http://techcomm.tools/pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Will check against that list.

The book has just 2 documents, 78 pagesp9 Jeff. Neither one generates a PDF when I try them separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same error message on both occasions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They open fine in FM? No warnings in the console? Have you tried a MIF wash on them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they open fine. No errors. The book updates without errors. Only problem is the non-creation of the PDF.

Any chance I could send you the two files and you try?

I do not know about the MIF wash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I get two warnings when trying to open the files - they both use unavailable fonts, so I let FM do a substitution; the other is the missing images it's trying to find in a c:\graphics\ folder. When I tell FM to skip them all, the doc will open and I can print to the Adobe PDF printer instance with only one more warning about not being able to print some imported images. So I would have a look at the images and how they are being referenced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to Jeff for prodding me in the direction of the imported images. This appears to be at the heart of the problem.

I am now importing the images one at a time. I got as far as 10 and the PDF was fine. Importing the 11th and I got the same warning as before. I edited the image, reduced its dimensions, resaved it, imported it, and the PDF is fine again.

Pain-staking but workable.

Thanks for your help, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines