• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Setup for Selected Files window is cropped, won't resize, cannot set page height

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FMBug.jpg

In FrameMaker 13.0.1.385,  when saving a book as PDF, the "PDF Setup for Selected Files" window shows up as displayed in the enclosed image. This is cropped such that I cannot enter values that are hidden. In particular, the "Height" for the page cannot be modified, something that I need in this case (it's defaulting to 11").

I cannot resize the window. Hitting "CR" will at least perform the next action of creating the PDF.

Help.

thanks,

scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded FrameMaker to 13.0.5.547 and it did NOT fix the issue.

If I save a single file to PDF the window shows up correctly. But printing an entire book won't let me change the Height as it's hidden. I had hoped that setting the height in the single file would stay when I printed the entire book but that didn't work.

So I still have the same issue where I cannot set the Height.

thanks,

scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using system scaling greater than 100% and are you using a high-res (i.e. greater than HD) monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm not using anything out of the ordinary for the screen. It is not scaled, or greater than HD. I've tried to run on just my laptop for example, and the same things happens.

It seems that only for Books does the PDF setup get sized wrong.

For example, this is for a PDF even for setup of the book - but unfortunately those values for Height don't transfer over to the print of the book.

FMbug2.jpg

But once I try to print that book the following screen shows up:

FMbug3.jpg

And the resulting PDF is now 8x11.5.

FMscreenShot.png

So any more ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening all files in the book first - press the Shift key before you select the File menu and you should see the option to "Open All Files in Book".

Now try the PDF Setup for the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have tried with all files open and the same results.

I'm wondering if I should create a new book from scratch and add the files back. I just tried that with a new book.

(1) the first print with no files works fine,

(2) as soon as there are 2 files in the book - the same cropped windows shows up.

I also haven't been able to get a single master layout and formats to apply to entire book, but that is a separate issue.

Thanks

Scott

Ps I've been using FrameMaker since about 1987 and still enjoy its power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

That certainly is weird in your installation, that the book window is smaller for the PDF setup, but not for any individual file. I don't have any such issues in my installations.

Please file this as a bug using the Tracker system [ https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home  ] and provide a link to this thread. Please attach some screenshots showing the different wndow sizes. Also, please turn on your rulers before you take the screenshots, so the relative sizes of the windows can be gauged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a last ditch work around, can you tab through the PDF Setup fields to get to the Page Height and then enter the required value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis,

That last ditch work around actually worked. I hadn't thought of that. So I can tab to the Height and hopefully type 9" and it works. So I'm good for now.

I'll work on submitting an issue as well.

thanks,

scott

www.konacurrents.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 13.0.5.547 here with the same issue. Any word on a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For FM2015? Not a chance now that FM2019 is out, I suspect. I would try the workaround on the shortcut to change the DPI settings for compatibility - that sometimes works on those dialog windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines