Pinned Books disappearing from Welcome

Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much what it says.

FrameMaker 2020 (up to date)

Windows 10 Pro

Yesterday I had about 8 or so different books pinned to the Recent Files as a favorite. I open FrameMaker this morning to discover that all but one are no longer listed. This isn't the first time this has happened, either.

Anyone with ideas on why my pinned files are disappearing? It's a PITA to have to re-add them, and they're all current projects.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weren't those Recent Files all stored (listed) in the maker.ini? Maybe something interfered with accessing it/saving changes to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be. About 30 minutes after I posted that, I discovered that the folder I'd "pinned" in Visio had also been unpinned. I'm beginning to think it's Windows messing around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happened again this morning. Of the 5 files I had pinned last night, today only 2 were listed. I had not edited the maker.ini file, and FM should not be doing this on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines