Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing book to Postscript file crashes FM 2015

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've had FM 2015 installed since last summer and have not had any problems with printing the book to a Postscript file. However,this is the first time I've tried to do so since upgrading to Windows 10 (a few days ago). I'm not doing anything differently from before. Prior to starting the print, I updated the book and didn't get any errors, the chapters open if I double-click on them from the book file, and the cross-references are all resolved. But as soon as I start printing, FM goes into "Not responding" mode, and then crashes.

Another possible cause is that I also just installed Acrobat 2015 a couple of days ago. I don't know if the Adobe PDF virtual printer gets data from files associated with Acrobat, but if so, maybe a file is missing, or corrupted?

I also looked at the Print Setup and nothing seemed unusual.

Thanks,

Joyce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the AdobePDF printer instance as your default for the FM session and then doing a SaveAsPDF for the book? Note: the SaveAsPDF route is the same as printing to postscript and distilling, it just is all done in the background for you.

If the newer Acrobat changed the name of the printer instance or has a new default location for the joboptions files, that would make a difference in where FM looks for things. Did you have a full Acrobat installation before or were you using the FM supplied PDF creator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Arnis, I tried this (doing SaveAsPDF for the book), and that crashed FM, too, but oddly, the PDF was produced anyway. It also took longer in the "Not responding" state before crashing. The AdobePDF printer is always my default, both in FM and in Windows.

Previously I was using Acrobat 8.1, which worked fine.

Thanks,

Joyce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines