• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem: Acrobat DC: Windows Explorer: right-click/Convert to...: "...problem sending the command..."

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having problems using Windows Explorer through TCS 2015 to process PDFs?

I am using TCS 2015 on a 64-bit Win 7 box with 32 GB RAM.

My workflow includes using Windows Explorer shortcuts to create PDFs from .fm files using either/or "Convert to Adobe PDF" or "Convert to Adobe PDF and EMail".

Using either of those commands in Windows Explorer results in the error "There was a problem sending the command to the program", "the program" apparently being either/both FrameMaker 2015 and/or Acrobat DC (or Adobe PDF/Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC).

FrameMaker starts as it should, and the file loads as it should, but apparently when FM calls Acrobat, it can't start as it should.

I am a week out from a critical deadline of an internal workflow document discussing that exact functionality.

If anyone knows the answer, it would be of GREAT interest to me...

Thanks!

(Related screen shot below...)

~Image0.png

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

I have confirmed (by testing trial installations) that this functionality is broken. I will log a bug this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have confirmed (by testing trial installations) that this functionality is broken. I will log a bug this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines