Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Arabic Diacritization in FrameMaker 2015

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All.

Good day, i face a problem in FM 2015, I have Framemaker 2015 as Trial and installed last updates on it, working in project in Arabic language.

I will try explain my problem in short lines

Arabic Language has special letter typing called "Arabic Diacritization" for example the in the below pic. (The Pic from FM)

The problem is when i type such letters in arabic and get print the .fm file, the result in the PDF is shown as below pic.

1.png

The New Version of FM 13 is really good in handling such language like arabic, but i want to know why this ONLY issue still exist in the Version (Even after update).

the characters that include the arabic diacritics is breaking in the baseline. and this totally wrong in arabic language.

UTC3_Trainer_Page_001.png

so if you know anything can help or plugin or script to solve this issue, as this way of type in arabic can change the meaning in language.

please try to send any thing help me here ASAP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Dear Amr and All friends,

I tried many fonts to solve this issue in FrameMaker 2015 and found that the font Helvetica World solves it. It makes the Arabic text with diacritics appear correctly after printing to PDF format. The font is free online. It also has all the weights: regular, italic, bold, and bold italic. Below is a screenshot from a test file:@

Helvetica-World-Font.PNG

Hope this helps☺.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not being an Arabic reader, I’m failing to understand from your screenshots what’s broken. Maybe you need to show some text illustrating what’s correct and some text showing what’s incorrect – “breaking in the baseline” isn’t obvious as to what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the blue text, the baseline of the two leftmost words has shifted downwards when compared with the black text. I believe the black text is the correctly formatted FrameMaker input, whereas the blue text is the wrongly formatted PDF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh, keen eyes Mike! I never work with baselines at all, so I wasn’t getting it when just looking at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try isolating the problem. It might be an issue with:

• the font
  • the application (e.g. FrameMaker)
  • the printer driver (e.g. the Adobe PDF printer instance the FrameMaker uses)
  • the printer interpreter (e.g. Distiller, or FrameMaker's headless version of it).

Try whatever combinations of the following are possible, and record whether the problem is seen:

• the same text set in a different font family
  • the same text in a different application
  • PDF output, plus all available drivers you have for any physical printers (noting for each driver which print language it uses, typically PostScript or PCL)
  • for any PostScript driver, print to file and view in another interpreter such as GhostScript / GSView (free download).

This might pinpoint where the problem lies.

If the problem is specific to FrameMaker and/or PDF, you could also try some variants of PDF output. Print to the Adobe PDF printer, clearing the Generate Acrobat Data checkbox. Or as a long shot, try switching between RGB and CMYK colorspaces in the PDF Setup dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

thanks for your kindly reply, i want to show you Jeff_Coatsworth about what exactly the diacritics, please see the below screen in illustrator ME version

they are letter putted on the Main letter in the Arabic, something like the French language, but i think that every language have it's special characters.

for Mike-Hardy, i would explain that the problem is not in the main Baseline, but it's when i use the diacritics letter in arabic and print PDF.

in Framemaker 2015 the Letter shows that they are correct and no problem, i used Arial font as it's the Font system and it's support all kind of typing. (see screen below.)

Picture.png

then when i'm printing i found that the problem is the letter have diacritics letter is show as broken, (as the picture below from 1st post.)

UTC3_Trainer_Page_001.png

and tried to print in PDF and choose many job option in printing, the problem is still exist.

so i think the problem in the engine of the FM, OR it could be from the printing setting that i can't solve it.

waiting your Fast reply guys. and thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, ok – I kind of get what you’re talking about with the concept of a diacritical mark, but I’m still fuzzy as to what’s busted. You say that in Illustrator they are correct – what happens when you create a PDF out of Illustrator? Is it correct or broken? Is it appearing correctly in FM2015 & is only busted when you print to PDF? Or is not showing correctly in FM in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they working fine in All adobe products except FrameMaker 2015.

I just made them on Illustrator to explain in more Clear Pic.

So, do u have any solution about the diacritical mark ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, none whatsoever, but if they work in Illustrator & don’t appear correctly in FM, you need to prepare screenshots of some working & not working (identical text) and submit it as a bug report to the FM team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Jeff,

thanks you. But could you please give me of that Page of nearest page that i should posted my issue there .?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the links listed on this page - https://forums.adobe.com/community/framemaker - the bugbase is here - https://bugbase.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hamdy,

Could you please share the fm file along with the corresponding pdf file.

You can directly mail me at aggrawal@adobe.com aggrawal at adobe dot com)

Thanks

Pankaj

Frame Engg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amr and All friends,

I tried many fonts to solve this issue in FrameMaker 2015 and found that the font Helvetica World solves it. It makes the Arabic text with diacritics appear correctly after printing to PDF format. The font is free online. It also has all the weights: regular, italic, bold, and bold italic. Below is a screenshot from a test file:@

Helvetica-World-Font.PNG

Hope this helps☺.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear My Friend Shahat Abdulah

thanks very much for your useful reply, and i test it really and found that the font is near for the arial font too. but in arabic it solve all the kind of problem.

again thank you, you are the Prof. in this field and you will be always

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please note, that "Helvetica World" is not a free font. You have to buy a license to use it.

Licenses for Helvetica World can be bought from Linotype: Helvetica® World font family | Linotype.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines