• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems printing to HP printers

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems when printing to HP printers for numbered, lettered, or bulleted paragraph types with a \t code.  I often get gaps in the text in the wrong places - best illustrated by example

a.  NanoPure (this one is ok - so it doesn't always happen)

b.MasterF   lex multichannel

d.Mi  dwest dental handpieces

g.Biosaf  ety Level I

The tab should be after the period in the letter or number.  This all have the same code - L:<a+>.\t and show up fine on the screen and show up fine in pdfs.  So it appears that there's an issue in the FM12 - HP printer protocols.  The print driver is new but it's happened over several HP printers and FM versions.

Help!!

David Stevens

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you printing in PCL or PS mode? FM's lineage is postscript, so try using the PS mode. The alternate route is to create a PDFand print from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'll try that. FYI, I'm a FM user since V 3 and this started popping up in about V 9. Before that, I never noticed it.  I'd already figured out the pdf route but it seems odd to have to do that. I'm not a big fan of workarounds in mature software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines