• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxima Nova font not found when creating PDF

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I'm having trouble creating a PDF for a document that uses Proxima Nova. I get the font as an asset from Creative Cloud. It used to work fine. I can save documents as PDFs just fine as long as they don't contain Proxima Nova. I can't figure out what changed recently. This happens on multiple documents so I know it's not a document issue. It happens on my older version of Frame 10 and on Frame 2019.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that some fonts need to be embedded manually into the PDF.

Check out my post, https://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/ and in the Font Usage section you'll see where you can force a specific font to embed.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Win10? You may have received a Windows update that has the 1803 build - that has a fatal bug in it for PDF creation & you'll need to force a further update to get the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick questions:

1. is your FM2019 full updated

2. if fully updated can you share a sample FM document and the font file to me at amisingh@adobe.com so we can debug it further.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a test and activated Proxima Nova from Creative Cloud (Proxima Nova Regular, Proxima Nova Italic, and Proxima Nova Bold), and created a simple test document and published it to PDF with FrameMaker 2019 (Update 2) via the new PDF Engine. The PDF came fine. I also did a test with the old Print to PostScript route and Distiller, which also worked fine.

Can you give some more details like which of the Proxima Nova Fonts you have used? There is a total of 48 variants of the font (Thin, Light, etc.)

Also, as Amitoj said, a sample document that does not work would be very helpful for debugging. Maybe it is a special combination like the use of the font in I-don't-know-what-combination (e.g. as a character style in a cross-reference in a text line in a text frame anchored into a table cell ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue with the Roboto font set. In my case, I used Creative Cloud to install and activate the Roboto fonts because I wanted to use Roboto Regular in a Visio diagram. However, none of the Roboto fonts were available in Visio. I had to download them from Google and install them in the Windows font folder.

Did I misunderstand that fonts activated using the Creative Cloud were supposed to be available to all programs on my computer, or are they only available to Adobe programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines