• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing FM to HTML5, wrong image inserted when from an inserted FM file

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the same description in different documents. The description is in an FM file that I import in every file that needs it.

When I publish an FM file containing another FM file, the result in HTML5 is not good. Some images are replaced with another image that happens to be a part of the imported text (and that text is turned into an image!?).

Here are screenshots of the rendering of the imported description in the HMTL5 output of an FM file containing that text. As you can see, the first image is correct but the following images are like a screenshot of the beginning of the imported description (text + image + a large blank space).

Do you publish HTML5 from FM files containing other FM files? Do you have that issue?

Do you have any clue on how to solve my issue?

Thanks!

(in the squares are the images in error)

1st image OK, 2nd NotOK1st image OK, 2nd NotOK3rd image NotOK3rd image NotOK

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5 , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they Text Insets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the word I was looking for, thanks! Yes, they are.

I did File > Import > File to insert them.

They are listed in the Inset pod.

inset_pod.png

inset_characteristics.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM are you running? Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to mention the basics. I'm running FM2017 and when I check through FM, it's ok, it's been updated. It's version 14.0.4.511.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used any Text Insets in any of my FM docs, so I'm not sure what I can contribute, but I think there are issues with using them - stuff like conditioning and maybe images. I'd do a search if the FM forum to see if you can get more of a handle on their issues - maybe one of them is applying to Publishing.

Somebody that might know is Matt Sullivan - @techcommtools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I couldn't find any related discussion in the forum, but maybe I didn't use accurate keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is probably temporary files that are causing problems. Try:

1: Close the HTML5 project in the browser

2: Quit FrameMaker

3: Search your computer for *.tmp files and delete them. The files windows won't delete you merely skip

4: Change the name of the output folder to something else or output to a different folder.

5: Try running the process again. It is a known problem that FrameMaker can't figure out how to clean up its own temporary files and thus uses old files with the same name.

/Bjørn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your explaination, this might be usefull!

But it didn't work in my case. My image has a pretty new and unique name. My issue title is not precise enough, it's not only the wrong image that is used, it is an image I don't have anywhere but that's created during the FM to hmtl5 conversion ! and it's like a screenshot of the content of the text inset, from it's beginning to the paragraph preceding the expected image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines