• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to Responsive HTML does not use the file name as the topic name

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried multiple things to get the file name to appear as the topic name in the TOC. My single file (in a book) is generated as a book file with an href that uses the correct URL but the topic lists the title of something in the doc. I thought at first that the conversion was picking up Title from the File Info, so I deleted that from each file and tried again. Still getting the title as the href - not the file name. Using <$filename_no_ext> as the Topic Pattern Name has no effect. Changing the HTML Mapping Macros to use <$filename_no_ext> instead of <$defaulttitle> has no effect either. Any suggestions? If I can get this to work then I can convert all of my docs to HTML.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the FM to RH workflow (which is what the FM Publish function does), there was a hack for setting file names to whatever you wanted by using a marker in the FM content. Have a search around the FM Integration forum for clues to where it’s described in the FM help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did look around and saw different things - creating a custom marker, creating a PageBreak marker using the popup to fill out the Topic Title and filename, etc. none of these actually worked for me. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the FM Publish engine isn’t exposing those features yet…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Laura,

PageBreak marker is used to force Publish process to split topic from the markers location. Mapping Macros helps decide the filenames created after split not the original topics being created.

As per my understanding you want the TOC title to change as the file name on your disk.

Or do you want the HTML file that is created on the disk to change to what the TOC text is showing ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines