Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe FrameMaker has stopped working" Multiple causes of crash

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hoping someone can help with the below. We have recently upgraded from FM11 to FM2019 due to Win7 upgrades to Win10. Main issue is when trying to insert an image, it will open a window to browse to the file and after a few seconds it will freeze for about 5 seconds, then crash with error 'Adobe FrameMaker has stopped working and must close'. I've sent the logs to Adobe and they were unable to resolve the issue. I checked event viewer and the error appeared to relate to .net framework, does anyone know what the minimum .net framework requirement is for 2019?. Has anyone had similar issues? It also crashes when trying to save as PDF..

Thanks

TOPICS
Error , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off make sure your copy of FM2019 is all up to date. You're running the 64-bit version, I assume? Next I would make sure I was running the latest version of the .NET framework. Did you actually work with any of the FM folks at tcssup@adobe.com? They usually have a very good idea of what .NET dependancies exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

FM19 is up to date. Yes running 64-bit. We were running the latest version of both .Net 3.5 & 4.7 however, oddly I read on a previous forum that by removing all .Net & uninstalling FM, then reinstalling FM it will automatically download its required .net framework but this is not the case. I now have a Win10 machine running FM19 but no version of .net yet it seems to function. Fustratingly this issue my users are having is intermitant and therfore I cannot say this issue has been resolved. I have a meeting this afternoon to run through further testing but I find it odd how I seem to be running FM with no .net installed at all at this point.

To point out I have also removed all antivirus software that we use and the issue still persists. In terms of Windows updates they are managed by GPO via a EndPoint services team so I cant state for sure we are 100% up to date although I think that would be the same for most enterprise size companies. 

Note I have also emailed tcssup@adobe.com regarding the issue today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evan, 
Contact tcssup@adobe.com if you have FM fully updated (15.0.4.751).

Do also check if there are any windows update or restart pending on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I will contact support as we have a VIP Support package.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines