Highlighted

"Colons are not allowed in this name when namespaces are enabled"

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM11. DITA 1.2.

I am processing translated XML files that I recently received from the translator. Some of them open just fine, but when I save them, or reopen them after saving I get this message:

XML Parser Messages (Document Instance)

Error at file C:\foo.xml, line 22, char 77, Message: Colons are not allowed in this name when namespaces are enabled

Parse error at line 22, char 75: Not well-formed (invalid token)

Parsing aborted.

The problem is here:

<dita xmlns:ditaarch = "http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/"><?Fm: BoolCondExpr"" State 0?>

See that colon in <?Fm: "BoolCondExpr"" State 0?> ? That's what's tripping me up. It's not in the file when I opened it originally, and the file opened just fine. I see this on save and then the file won't open.

Now I have to open the file in a text editor and get the colon out, before FM will open it again. This happens every time I open the file.

Where is this coming from???  It seems to happen only with the files I get from the translators. I've looked through read/write rules but I can't find it.

Any ideas? If I can't fix it, is there something I can just turn off to make this stop happening?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Colons are not allowed in this name when namespaces are enabled"

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM11. DITA 1.2.

I am processing translated XML files that I recently received from the translator. Some of them open just fine, but when I save them, or reopen them after saving I get this message:

XML Parser Messages (Document Instance)

Error at file C:\foo.xml, line 22, char 77, Message: Colons are not allowed in this name when namespaces are enabled

Parse error at line 22, char 75: Not well-formed (invalid token)

Parsing aborted.

The problem is here:

<dita xmlns:ditaarch = "http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/"><?Fm: BoolCondExpr"" State 0?>

See that colon in <?Fm: "BoolCondExpr"" State 0?> ? That's what's tripping me up. It's not in the file when I opened it originally, and the file opened just fine. I see this on save and then the file won't open.

Now I have to open the file in a text editor and get the colon out, before FM will open it again. This happens every time I open the file.

Where is this coming from???  It seems to happen only with the files I get from the translators. I've looked through read/write rules but I can't find it.

Any ideas? If I can't fix it, is there something I can just turn off to make this stop happening?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 28, 2016 0

Have something to add?