Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Fit to frame" size not kept after closing

Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I use Framemaker 2019 to write user manuals for work.

Since I use a large amount of photos and other images, I would love to use the "Fit to frame" option when I import something into an anchored frame. Unfortunately it only works until I close the document.

As I import them and fit them, the picture looks good. But when I open the document a second time (after saving it and closing it), all the images have returned to their original import size (usually 300 DPI), forcing me to resize them all manually.

What am I doing wrong? Why do they all get small again?
This only happens with the "fit to frame" option, not with manual resizing.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Kamekono: That's odd. What version of 2019 are you using? 15.0.4.751 is the current version of 2019.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, currently using 15.0.2.503. My colleague has the same issue, not sure which version he's running. Tomorrow I'll check if updating it solves the issue, but we've been having it for a long time now (never thought about asking here before).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kamekono: let us know if the last patch makes the difference. If not, I suggest logging a bug report here: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/add_bug.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Running newest FrameMaker on win7 64

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We will look into this and update on the bug directly. FRMAKER-7272

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any by latest,  StudioSm, you mean 15.0.4.751? 

If one of you reports this using the link I provided above, come back here and post the link to the bug report so that others who have this issue and land on this page will vote it up. The votes get this issue noticed by the Fm team. (This is a user-to-user forum, and I am a user, like you.)

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - meaning 15.0.4.751.

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines