• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"From Table" option in Custom Ruling and Shading

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Custom Ruling and Shading pod, Under the "Apply Ruling Style" section, what does the option "From Table" mean?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Table resets the selected options to the values in the currently applied table tag. See the Table Designer for the name and definition of the tag.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MR89:

Here's how I explain it to my students: a table without any overrides derives all of its formatting from the Table Designer. That's where you set the basic properties, ruling properties and the shading properties. I always advise my students to design their tables to rely exclusively on table tags created in the Table Designer—because its quick, and you can update all the tables in a document at one time.

But let's say you decide to change the ruling (or shading) for a couple of selected table cells—you do that in Custom Ruling and Shading, which overrides the settings from Table Designer. Later, if you decide the custom look was a bad idea, you reselect the same cells and choose From Table [Designer] for ruling and/or shading values and the table returns to the way it was before you added the overrides. None might work, and it might not—it depends on the table tag. From Table [Designer] always works.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines