• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Generate flat Book hierarchy" ignores DITA customization

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have customized my DITA topic 1.3 using specialized edd and dtd in order to add new elements under highlights domain. Standalone, it works as expected: I can use the created elements in my xml files etc. and the WYSYWYG is perfect. However, when I create a book out of my ditamaps using publish-> PDF, those changes are ignored/overwritten, if and only if I toggle "Generate flat Book hierarchy" check-box under DITA options. And I need to use this option to get the flow of my book straight. Does somebody know why this option ignores my changes and how to get both options, i.e. "Generate flat Book hierarchy " and the newly added elements work together peacefully? 

TOPICS
PDF output , Publishing , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Problem solved. 

When using Generate flat Book hierarchy, FM invokes the ditabase1.3.template.fm template file. So, next I updated the ditabase.edd.fm in order to import the newly added elements into it and then used the ditabase.edd.fm to import those elements into ditabase1.3.template.fm template, everything was green.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which version of FrameMaker are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 2019 under Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried on FramemaMaker 15.0.4.751 i.e Update 4  and putting the template on flat hierarchy worked for me.

Could you please tell me which template are you using or can you just send me your template and I can try it. 

-Pulkit

-punagpal@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. i sent you an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved. 

When using Generate flat Book hierarchy, FM invokes the ditabase1.3.template.fm template file. So, next I updated the ditabase.edd.fm in order to import the newly added elements into it and then used the ditabase.edd.fm to import those elements into ditabase1.3.template.fm template, everything was green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines