• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Phantom" conditional text tags

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book with several files in it.  I had my conditional tags set perfectly, each file had the same tags,  same settings, etc.  Unforutnately another user got into the book and created a bunch of new tags. 

So now I have gone into each of the files in the book and deleted the unwanted conditional tags.  If I open each file independently and look at the Conditional Tags pod, each file has the same tags.

However, when I go to create the book, I open the first file, in the Show/Hide Conditional Text pod I select the conditions I want display and those I want to hide, and then apply them.  I then highlight each of the other files in the book with the inention of just importing the conditional text settings.  However, as soon as I select the other files, the Show/Hide Conditional Text pod has all of the conditional tags that I have deleted from all the files still listed in the Hide column.

I know they are deleted because I tried to move them over to the show column and I got an error report saying they didn't exist in any of the files.

So how can I get them to quit displaying in the Hide column when I select all my book files?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jlindle,

Do not worry. When you select a file in a book, FrameMaker shows all conditions which are not in the file but available in the book as Hide. This does not mean that these conditions are in the file. When you open one of these files, you see that they still have only their conditions.

However, I admit that this is irritating. When you think that this should be changed, then add a bug report in the Adobe Tracker: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home 

When you post the report number and the link here, others can vote for it.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines