• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random PDF Bookmarks Omitted Since Updating to FrameMaker 2019

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to FrameMaker 2019, I have had a problem with random chapter bookmarks being omitted when saving a .book file as a PDF.

My workaround has been to remove the problem chapters from the .book file, save copies of a non-problem chapter using the filenames of each problem chapter, copy/paste their contents into the copies, then import the copies into the .book file.

When I save the .book as a new PDF, all bookmarks are present. (Lower-level bookmarks have so far not had this issue.) These are files created in FrameMaker 2015. The problem did not occur until after the software update.

Does anyone have a theory as to what is causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You applied all the patches? How long are the path+file_name lengths to where they are stored? More than 30+ characters & FM gets cranky when exporting things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All updates are installed and up to date.

All .fm files reside in the same folder as the .book file, and the PDF file is saved only one level up from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the bookmarks settings and also are you using Save as PDF or Print to PDF option?

Thanks

Amitoj SIngh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the File > Save as PDF option.

Here are the bookmark settings:

The two highlighted paragraph tags are the ones randomly omitted, as shown in the example below:

..and here are the PDF bookmarks after I did the workaround described at top:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines