• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference Page Called "Enhance Reference Page"

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've got some old files that have been updated progressively from at least Frame 7.0 and probably earlier (their origins are lost in the mists of time, but there are vague rumors of some pre-2000 A.D. proto-civilization). In the Reference pages is a page called Enhance 1.0 (footer page title), which contains the following text:

Enhance Reference Page

Enhance stores hidden internal data on this page: do not edit or delete.

My Google Fu hints at some FrameMaker add-on of old, but I can't figure out what exactly it did or how it might be affecting anything currently in the file. There are no images in the file and all the tags have been update/changed/converted to things we want. There is no index and the TOC is generated through Frame (mini and main). HTML conversion is handled through Frame to generate HTML5. The files used to generate HTML through WebWorks conversion (years ago). I'd like to delete the reference page, but I'm curious if anyone has heard of the add-on or knows what it did or how removing the page might affect things. I can experiment of course, but there are a LOT of files with these pages. I'm concerned that I might experiment with something that has no effect but still have other files out there that do have an effect.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Mr. Lyall let me know that I can safely delete the page (after backing up of course ) and that Enhance 1.0 was purely a navigation/outline add-on tool for Frame.

Thanks, all

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that sounds like a page reserved for a plugin. You'll get similar behavior for docs using the IXgen utility.

You can check with Christopher Ward at Webworks to see if that page is related to your previous Webworks processing (I haven't used WW in years, and don't recall that specific ref page name)

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there is an IXGen page on a subset of the files. That's indexing if I remember correctly. I think I can delete that as well. I'll double check that.

I saved as MIF and nothing was revealed.

Ian, thanks for the link. I went ahead and just contacted Mr. Lyall directly. I'll post info here for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr. Lyall let me know that I can safely delete the page (after backing up of course ) and that Enhance 1.0 was purely a navigation/outline add-on tool for Frame.

Thanks, all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save it to MIF, does anything "hidden" reveal itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the Enhance add-on by Sandybrook Software. It seems to be unsupported now however. The last reference to it was on this thread: Re: Programmatically add a navigation pane to Framemaker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines